Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Are all truck batteries created equal?

Don Foreman wrote:
On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:10:46 -0600, Ignoramus9135

My truck battery is dying, and I was wondering if there is such as
thing as a "better battery", or are they all created the same. Thnks

They certainly are not all the same.

Interstate makes good batteries.

Surprisingly enough, I was amazed at how good Ford OEM batteries were
when we had Fords. I replaced them at age 8 just because I couldn't
believe they'd lasted that long in MN. The replacements were still
going strong when we replaced the cars at ages 14 and 15.

P.S.: I've also had good luck with Fords, contrary to "Fix Or Repair Daily"
or "For Orphans, Retards, & Dinks" or "Found On Road Dead" - these were
obviously coined by Chevy or Chrysler fans. ;-)

Keep them in oil, and they'll run forever. ("Fill up the oil and check the
gas, please." ;-) )

Admittedly, I had a slant 6 once, and they're essentially indestructible,
(had to retire the car when I rolled it) and I once had a Plymouth Gran
Fury 350 or so that finally threw the timing chain at about 250,000 miles
- I could probably have had it fixed for about a grand, but I didn't have
a thousand dollars at the time. )-;

And part of what kept the Gran Fury running was a DieHard. ;-D

Thanks!
Rich