Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fwd: Cling Wrap

Thanks for the facts.

Suspect it has worked like a rumor - changes by the number of discussions.

Martin

On 2/12/2011 10:26 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Feb 12, 10:16 pm, Martin
wrote:
I heard the story slightly differently.

I was along the line of nylon.

Task was to find a chemical for a purpose - I don't think it was glue.

When the mixture came out - experiment xx - it was nominal in value.

He, the scientist, made a pad of paper for his admin and she started
to use it - and it was like wildfire in that 3M site.

The story of how it was invented from the horse's mouth.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/f08e8a9a-f...#axzz18hyDnyKX

I've always thought 3M was a great company. I've never used a product
with 3M on it that wasn't at the very least good.