Posted to uk.d-i-y
Manticore Manticore is offline

Default Headphone socket

John Williamson wrote:
Manticore wrote:
I have a Marshall MG30FDX guitar amp that has a suspect headphone
socket and believe me, for the sanity of my wife and our neighbours,
I _need_ the headphone socket to work! :-)

I'm not into electronics at all and don't have the necessary
equipment to de-solder the existing socket from the pcb and install
a new one, but luckily a friend of mine does, so he's going to do it
for me. As I live within walking distance of CPC, I was just going
to get one from there but it's not the sort of place where you can
go in and ask advice easily. It's more like Argos and Screwfix where
you pick stuff from a catalogue first then go to the counter with
catalogue numbers, so when I searched the website and it came back
with more than a dozen results, I'm lost. I've opened the case and it
physically looks like this one, but
switched? unswitched? I'm assuming switched because as you plug in
the headphones, it cuts out the speaker but I'd be happier if
someone could confirm it.
http://cpc.farnell.com/neutrik/nmj6h...ose/dp/AV11183

The schematic for the amp, if you need it, is here
http://www.amparchives.com/Amp%20Arc...%20MG30DFX.pdf

or http://tinyurl.com/46enmwj if the above doesn't work.

Switched is what's needed. The one you found in the catalogue will do
the job. The only problem might be if it's PCB mounted, in which case
you'll need to check that the spacings match.

Thanks very much John. Yes, it is PCB mounted so thanks for pointing out the
spacings thing.