Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Washing machine motor won't start, bad triac ?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 22:20:34 -0500, Jamie
t wrote:

I didn't know washing machines had brushed motors?

See video showing washing machine brushes and how to replace them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jlD5gnh9jw (5 min)

interesting, I don't work on such things but the few I have looked
at always had induction motors on them. I've never owned nor do I
even know any one that's ever had brushes replaced on their washing
machine..

Ours gets used almost every day and I replace them on the average
of every 5 years or so due to other problems, but never a motor..

In fact, I scabbed the motors from the last 2 I junked and both were
just AC induction. (squirrel cage types).

Jamie