Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Fwd: Cling Wrap

On Feb 12, 6:32*pm, Steve wrote:
On 2011-02-12 14:48:51 -0500, RicodJour said:

It looks just like a
booger and it's as sticky as one, without the grossness involved.

You're right -- in the printing industry, it IS commonly referred to as
"booger glue."

Is it really? Makes sense I guess. I think that's another offshoot
from the 3M Post-It Note invention. The story goes that the 3M guy
who invented the stuff couldn't figure out a use for such a weak
adhesive, and his secretary used some to stick notes on his papers.
When other secretary's saw the notes they asked where they could get
some and an industry was born.