Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ANNOUNCEMENT was Iggy, any progress on the governmentpublication website?

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 08:55:28 -0700, Steve Ackman
wrote:

In .com, on Wed, 09 Feb
2011 07:24:22 -0600, Pete C., wrote:

Steve Ackman wrote:

I only
have 20 mbps upstream on this lousy ADSL. :-(

I think you have that wrong, 20Mbps is more than most folks have
downstream. ADSL typically has something in the 256Kbps-512Kbps
upstream.

You are absolutely right! I got so used to thinking
in terms of mbps when I had cable that I forgot to
change my mental units back to kbps. We have
1.4 mbps down, 20 kbps up.

QWEST offers 1.5 service, and I experience 1.2mbps down and 700kbs up.

The "lousy ADSL" stands though. :-/

Lemme tell ya, it beats Starband sat latency all to hell.
I'd love a free T-1 or ADSL2+ (24mbps) setup.
I'd be willing to share a free OC192.

--
Education is when you read the fine print.
Experience is what you get if you don't.