Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default ANNOUNCEMENT was Iggy, any progress on the government publicationwebsite?

On 2011-02-09, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 22:52:35 -0600, Ignoramus908

On 2011-02-09, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 21:42:04 -0600, Ignoramus908

On 2011-02-09, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 14:52:15 -0600, Ignoramus908

On 2011-02-06, Chet wrote:
I've been checking http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/ periodically, along
with 185 others, and am wondering if you've run into a roadblock you didn't
anticipate?
Or is this just a case of too much work, too little time...?
Chet

Well, the site is available.

http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/

I will provide more functions, such as torrents, search, and so
on. Right now the only function is a "list of all manuals", see link
closer to the bottom of the main page. Hopefully you can find the ones
that you need. It is not a bad start.
Yea, thanks for doing that, Ig.

Heads Up: I get a 403 Forbidden error on some links
http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-1...2-13-and-P.pdf
so I checked another randomly
http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-1...1-13-and-P.pdf
also getting a 403.

A couple Huey and Apache manuals downloaded OK, though.

There is a limit of 100 manuals per day and 10 manuals per minute, per
IP. The last limit is just to prevent download accelerators and site
downloader programs from abusing my site. I would say, wait a couple
of minutes and try again.
I believe I had DLed only one prior to that and nothing was DLing at
the time, so something isn't quite right there. You might check into
it if more people give that same feedback.
Maybe you can do a controlled experiment?

OK, I restarted my comp and checked again with both the above titles
and they both gave me the "403 Forbidden, You don't have permission to
access /getpdf.mpl on this server. Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at
www.liberatedmanuals.com Port 80" errors with Firefox and IE8.

TM-1-1730-232-13-and-P TRUCK, HELICOPTER GROUND HANDLING, P/N
204-050-200-5, (NSN 1730-00-980-9552); 214-706-104-101
(1730-01-133-9204); 1730-EG-100 (1730-01-133-9204) was the link title
of the first error I got. Just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

OK, thanks. That was what I needed.

I fixed it. It was a bug and I could not give any manuals with -and-
in the name.

It has nothing to do with access limit restrictions.

I am glad.

But as far as categories go, I would think that it could be combat
vehicles/support vehicles/auxiliary equipment/???

(What's with the question mark abuse?)

I would think Combat & support vehicles/Air or /ground should do it
for categorization. Whenever I'm looking for something generally
interesting, a TOC is a great help. It makes browsing a site, to see
what is available, much more friendly and comfortable.

But whenever I have a specific need, I choose the search first.
A search function would be VERY helpful. That's a must!

OK, I will work on search. I have Solr installed on that server, I may
do it with Solr.

One suggestion would be to group like items together. For instance If
you have the lube, tech, recall,+++ for an item.

Another thought would be to group them by type, IE: Aircraft, Tracked
vehicles, artillery, armaments, and so forth.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)