Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25972 Ignoramus25972 is offline

Default ANNOUNCEMENT was Iggy, any progress on the governmentpublication website?

On 2011-02-09, CaveLamb wrote:
Ignoramus908 wrote:

There is a limit of 100 manuals per day and 10 manuals per minute, per
IP. The last limit is just to prevent download accelerators and site
downloader programs from abusing my site. I would say, wait a couple
of minutes and try again.

I will set up torrents for those who want to download all manuals. I
want to work on this after I get all the manuals in.

If you have ANY idea how to organize this pile of manuals, I am all
ears.

I think you have done very well with it, ig.
Using the browser's Find function lets one search for terms.
And the TM # is right there on the screen.

Considering the breadth of subject matter, a menu system would
probably be more hinderance than help...

BTW...
105mm recoilless rifle on UH-1B...
Sweet!

I will try to add some kind of a search function. Solr is an awesome
package that does a lot of search related stuff right. For example, it
has a "find similar items" function that finds similar documents.

I use it on algebra.com. When a visitor views a solution to a given
math problem from the archives, I offer them a "other similar
problems" choice. Kind of like similar movies on youtube. That
increased my traffic by something like 25% and I am sure that people
like it.

I will try to do some smart search function on liberatedmanuals too.