Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25972 Ignoramus25972 is offline

Default ANNOUNCEMENT was Iggy, any progress on the governmentpublication website?

On 2011-02-09, Steve Ackman wrote:
In , on Tue, 08 Feb 2011
20:34:23 -0800, Larry Jaques, wrote:

I DLed and installed the Torrent thing a few years ago and got scared
out of my mind that I had a virus when it started sending multi-MBs of
data out from my drive. I hadn't realized that I'd be a source and it
was slowing down that computer something fierce until I killed it.
Pass, on this end.

Torrent software generally has throttle settings.
IOW, I can set Transmission to download at "unlimited,"
but only upload at, say, 10 mbps... or 5 mbps. (I only
have 20 mbps upstream on this lousy ADSL. :-(

Set your upload throttle at 25% of your upstream
bandwidth, and you barely notice it, if at all.

This is what I do, too. I limit the down and especially up speed, and
never mind uploading torrens to other people -- this is how they work,
after all.