Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Laptop not charging.

T i m wrote in
:

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 07:49:33 +0800, who where wrote:

On first use - as they
explained - the Vostro reported a non-genuine PSU but has worked fine
for the last two years.

Including charging the battery you mean?

Yes

Ok ta.

Thinking outside the box a bit and looking at this external /
universal charger ... if I had a known good Dell battery with the same
parameters as required by the laptop but that just didn't fit /in/ the
laptop a short extension lead might do the trick. Certainly sufficient
enough to ensure it /was/ a battery problem before buying another one?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. When I worked for British Telecom (and then later Kodak on their
Microfilm side) we regularly used 'external' cards / cables to allow
us to check the card / module whilst connected to the machine but so
we could still get to it.

perhaps you mean "extender" cards or cables?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik