Andy Asberry

Default OT- John Kerry Co Sponsors Gun Ban S1431

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 05:46:12 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message
.. .

A plain-Jane 10-22 stock has a pistol grip as opposed to a Winchester
Model 94 with a straight stock.

I don't think they're talking about that type of pistol grip, Andy. They're
talking about the kind that's on an M-16.

We got into that argument here in NJ when our "assault weapons" ban was
being fought out, over a decade ago. I don't recall if the language was
changed to clarify the point or not, but it was obvious from talking to them
that the state legislatures intended the type of grip that's almost
separated from the buttstock.

Ed Huntress

That is the problem with all restrictive laws. The next regime may
interpret them differently to suit their own agenda.

The thing that galls me is that it doesn't effect how lethal the
firearm is. I really get tired of the chipping away of rights that
don't reduce crime. I know, that is what the antigun side hopes for.
Sometimes, I wish for a definitive Supreme Court decision. Then we
could have the inevitable revolution.