Lobster

Default Iffy wiring - should I worry?

"OldScrawn" wrote in message
who knows what else is lurking under there? Rip it all out. Fix it.

Where do you stop, though? That specific instance sounds safe enough. What

does
the rest of the installation look like? Modern consumer unit, bonding

round the
sinks, doesn't keep tripping the ELCB?

Well, that's the thing... in the years I've lived here I've done a fair bit
of work on all aspects of the house, and TBH it's all in pretty good order
really; I've never come across any electric bodges along these lines before.
I feel it's a one-off, so I'm not inclined to launch into a full rewire
based on this find... really I just want to know what the potential dangers
are with this specific set up.

David