Posted to sci.electronics.repair
who where who where is offline

Default Laptop not charging.

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 01:37:39 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 08:54:59 +0800, who where wrote:

But yes, bring on the 'generic / modular' laptop (so it works more
like desktop clones) where not just things like optical drives can be
swapped between brands (and CPUs, RAM, HDDs etc) but system boards,
chargers and batteries.

Have been watching this thread with some interest. We travel with a
Dell Vostro 1400 (Aug08 delivery), and in late 2008 we left the PSU
behind in sthn Calif. Noticed its absence in Vegas, and happened upon
a pooter shop who had new generic (non-Dell-branded) PSU's at a decent
price compared to the genuine Dell product.

Ok.

On first use - as they
explained - the Vostro reported a non-genuine PSU but has worked fine
for the last two years.

Including charging the battery you mean?

Yes