Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default Desk Lamp Mercury

*+-"lamprecycle.org" if you went there...does not recycle fixtures or

True - but the label is still at least misleading

Lamp usually refers to fixture, bulb to bulb..

*+-appliances. It would have explained what your asking.
*+-The "gooseneck" I bought from Staples was a "Tensor" and has a cast-
*+-iron disc in the base. (Works well with CFL)

The one that needed replacing had a cast iron disc at the base. Unfortunately
the old neck got unscrewed from the base too much when I moved it around,
overtwisting the wires. And the wires where riveted onto the scoket, and my
(stock drawer) 600W sockets didn't fit where the old 60W riveted socket was.

THis one (e101956 MN 13061 003 UL g137) doens't seem to have a base weight
(haven't opened it though).

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm