Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Desk Lamp Mercury

On Feb 6, 4:45*am, wrote:
Thanks - I DO think so (mercury would either be used for temperature or
gravity), but the label is pretty stupid ("COntains Mercury. Dispose of
accordingly. lamprecycle.org") it makes it look like the fixture and not the
bulb has the mercury.

BTW, this same new $12.99 gooseneck desk lamp from Staples topples over too
easily. *Center of gravity is all wrong. Lucky I use LED lamps because if I
had used the CFL I wudda had a fire already. THe dang lens from the LED
popped off. *I am going to find something either heavy or wide to attach to
the base.

*Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
* * * * * * * * * *http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
* ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. *Everything fully disclaimed..}---
* *[Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
*[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

"lamprecycle.org" if you went there...does not recycle fixtures or
appliances. It would have explained what your asking.
The "gooseneck" I bought from Staples was a "Tensor" and has a cast-
iron disc in the base. (Works well with CFL)