Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Old Violin

Steve B wrote:

Pawn Stars is a good show, and I like it. Much more than that
schmuck on Hard Core Pawn. I bet he got his ass kicked a lot in
school. But how many times do they say, "In order to make any money,
I have to get this for cheap."? Cheap for them is 25% of retail. If
I was in that business, I'd do the same time. If you listen clearly,
they double or triple their money on most things. And that's just
the stuff they tell you about. Lots and lots goes in and out for
cash. Lots of pawn shops give you $20 on an item and sell it for
$300.

Psst! Most retail shops buy most of their merchandise from wholesalers at
half what the selling price will be. Don't spread this around as many will
get really upset over being ripped-off !