Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Tire Chains

On Feb 5, 7:12*pm, Rich Grise wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
CaveLamb wrote:
John wrote:

Also, *make sure you have extra weight over the driving axle... a
couple
of sand bags and shovel in the trunk, * * Another trick is to carry a
couple of containers of salt from the food store in the trunk to apply
to the wheels when getting slightly stuck.

All good advice, of course.

Last night, about half way up the hill, we came to a slippery stop.
I put the transmission in park, set the parking brake and stepped out
to see what I could see. *When I closed the door, the car started
sliding backwards down the hill! *All four wheels locked!!!

I rescued us by backing down the hill - slightly in control and skating
off for a different route.

It was a bit slick.

Today we have about 5" of new snow on top of that.

And a big fire in the fireplace. *Damn the CO2!

* *I blame Al Gore.

Nah, he's just the pope of the church of warmingism.

Mother Nature is the most inexorable Denialist there is. ;-D

Cheers!
Rich- Hide quoted text -

You really don't have a clt the differe betwe"weather" and "climate"
do you.