Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Tire Chains

On Feb 5, 2:10*pm, Wes wrote:
JR North wrote:
Chains won't fit on most newer cars due to suspension and fender
clearance issues. No market for them anymore. Besides, when a chain
fails, it beats the crap out of your car. I've got studded snows for
the Rabbit diesel-goes anywhere as long as is doesn't high-center.
You can always throw cables on the snows too.

I wish Michigan allowed studded tires. *I constantly hear, if it only saves one life,
isn't it worth it when someone is pushing gun control but when it comes to driving down an
icy road, something working people have to do to get to work, maintenance costs of
highways rule over human life.

wes
--

But studs are only good for one condition, glare ice. For the other
99% of the time, they tear up the roads and increase stopping

Stan