Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Tire Chains

CaveLamb wrote:

Last night, about half way up the hill, we came to a slippery stop.
I put the transmission in park, set the parking brake and stepped out
to see what I could see. When I closed the door, the car started
sliding backwards down the hill! All four wheels locked!!!

I had to walk 4 miles home one morning when I ran into clear ice on a hilly road. I
couldn't get enough traction to even center the car on the crown of the road, everything I
tried just kept me sliding off to the shoulder.

Sounds like things are horrible down in Texas from what I've been reading on the web.

Try to stay safe, some trips are not worth it, I speak from experience, I was in a head on
collision in early december doing some optional Christmas shopping in bad weather and I
know how to drive in winter.

Wes