Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Tire Chains

JR North wrote:

Chains won't fit on most newer cars due to suspension and fender
clearance issues. No market for them anymore. Besides, when a chain
fails, it beats the crap out of your car. I've got studded snows for
the Rabbit diesel-goes anywhere as long as is doesn't high-center.
You can always throw cables on the snows too.

I wish Michigan allowed studded tires. I constantly hear, if it only saves one life,
isn't it worth it when someone is pushing gun control but when it comes to driving down an
icy road, something working people have to do to get to work, maintenance costs of
highways rule over human life.

wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller