Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Tire Chains

CaveLamb wrote:

JR North wrote:
Chains won't fit on most newer cars due to suspension and fender
clearance issues. No market for them anymore. Besides, when a chain
fails, it beats the crap out of your car. I've got studded snows for
the Rabbit diesel-goes anywhere as long as is doesn't high-center.
You can always throw cables on the snows too.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

I checked with a couple of tire stores today for studded tires.
Nada...

Do what the ice racers do, get a set of crummy tires and put sheet metal
screws in them. About the only thing you'll be able to do before the ice
is gone in a few days.