Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generator Problem

Fuel oil behaves essentially the same as diesel fuel. It's a
different color because the tax rate is different. Fuel oil
can be used for off road devices such as diesel engine
tractor. Runs fine in over the road trucks, but the DOT
fines are highly painful.

Your fuel oil tank can power a diesel generator just fine.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pavel314" wrote in message
On Feb 3, 3:03 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
If you have fuel oil or propane on hand. You may
be able to get a self starting generator which runs
on the fuel you normally have available. More
convenient than keeping gascans in the shed.

We have a 275 gallon fuel oil tank for the furnace. So there
are
generators which would run off the same stuff I use for
heating? Never
knew that; thanks, I'll look into those.

Paul