Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning
coffelt2 coffelt2 is offline

Default Where can the turners be found?

"coffelt2" wrote in message

"charlie b" wrote in message
When several of the BIG ISP outfits (AT&T, Comcast etc.) dropped
UseNet News Group service activity dropped off significantly. Some
of the regulars moved to other turning forums and some just moved
on.

I stop in every day or so - but things have gotten really quiet here.
I've been spending more time at WoodCentral.com, mainly in the
Turning forum. It's a pretty active group with a fair number of well
know turners participating - and it allows attaching images to posts
- something you can't do here.

I posted a link to web page about a piece I was working on - a winged
lidded box - three weeks ago and have had no responses at all. Don't
know if it's because people don't have web browsers to use the link
or it could be no one's interested.

I'm working on a wooden version of a Tibetan Singing Bowl - that
will use a cell phone vibrator to generate sounds - which I hope
will create waves in a layer of glass micro ballons in place of a
liquid inside the bowl. Will post the url to more about the piece
and maybe a link to a YouTube video - if I can get the idea working
as I envision it to work.

So how long have you been turning, what lathe are you on, what
types of stuff do you enjoy doing, etc...

Thanks, Charlie!
I've read every post by you for several years now. Always enjoy them.
You mentioned WoodCentral, and I looked over there and it looks
great...... thanks for the tip.
I turned a bit while a kid (70 years ago), and in the past 3 or 4
years tried a 16"x43" Grizzly..... it was cool, but too big for my shop.
Now got one of those 10"x14" variable speed Jets. (chose that with a good
Nova chuck after "reading the mail" in the newsgroup for a year or so.)
Couple of small bowls, a few pens, some wooden, lead filled weights
for SHMBO's hobby projects, and quite a few bags of high quality shavings.
Thanks again, Charlie! Will be reading you on WoodCentral.

Old Chief Lynn

OK, I know one is not supposed to reply to one's own postings, but I am a
little embarrassed (and somewhat amazed) at how I managed to crosspost to
rec.music! I'm cool with the music, and listen a lot, but sure didn't mean
to mix woodturners with Tina!

Old Chief Lynn!!!!!