Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Where can the turners be found?

Has the group been spammed out? If you've moved and don't want the location
advertised, could you please email me offline?
I sure miss the chatter, and have learned everything I know about "modern"
turning practices from the old members of this group!

HELP

Old Chief Lynn

Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

When several of the BIG ISP outfits (AT&T, Comcast etc.) dropped
UseNet News Group service activity dropped off significantly. Some
of the regulars moved to other turning forums and some just moved
on.

I stop in every day or so - but things have gotten really quiet here.
I've been spending more time at WoodCentral.com, mainly in the
Turning forum. It's a pretty active group with a fair number of well
know turners participating - and it allows attaching images to posts
- something you can't do here.

I posted a link to web page about a piece I was working on - a winged
lidded box - three weeks ago and have had no responses at all. Don't
know if it's because people don't have web browsers to use the link
or it could be no one's interested.

I'm working on a wooden version of a Tibetan Singing Bowl - that
will use a cell phone vibrator to generate sounds - which I hope
will create waves in a layer of glass micro ballons in place of a
liquid inside the bowl. Will post the url to more about the piece
and maybe a link to a YouTube video - if I can get the idea working
as I envision it to work.

So how long have you been turning, what lathe are you on, what
types of stuff do you enjoy doing, etc...
Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

"charlie b" wrote in message
When several of the BIG ISP outfits (AT&T, Comcast etc.) dropped
UseNet News Group service activity dropped off significantly. Some
of the regulars moved to other turning forums and some just moved
on.

I stop in every day or so - but things have gotten really quiet here.
I've been spending more time at WoodCentral.com, mainly in the
Turning forum. It's a pretty active group with a fair number of well
know turners participating - and it allows attaching images to posts
- something you can't do here.

I posted a link to web page about a piece I was working on - a winged
lidded box - three weeks ago and have had no responses at all.

I thought I did. I certainly enjoyed looking at it.

Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

Chief, I agree. I have learned a lot from this Group and continue to check
it everyday. I am a average turner and am constantly looking for ways to
improve (more time at the lathe would probably help :-) )

Deb

coffelt2 wrote:

Has the group been spammed out? If you've moved and don't want the
location advertised, could you please email me offline?
I sure miss the chatter, and have learned everything I know about "modern"
turning practices from the old members of this group!

HELP

Old Chief Lynn

Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

"charlie b" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Charlie!
I've read every post by you for several years now. Always enjoy them.
You mentioned WoodCentral, and I looked over there and it looks great......
thanks for the tip.
I turned a bit while a kid (70 years ago), and in the past 3 or 4 years
tried a 16"x43" Grizzly..... it was cool, but too big for my shop. Now got
one of those 10"x14" variable speed Jets. (chose that with a good Nova chuck
after "reading the mail" in the newsgroup for a year or so.)
Couple of small bowls, a few pens, some wooden, lead filled weights for
SHMBO's hobby projects, and quite a few bags of high quality shavings.
Thanks again, Charlie! Will be reading you on WoodCentral.

Old Chief Lynn

Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

The only turners that can be found in rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s a

Fred Turner (of Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
Ike & Tina Turner
Ike & Tina Turner & the Ikettes
Tina Turner (solo)

Can you folks in the woodturning group name some more?

Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

On Feb 3, 11:16*pm, BobbyM wrote:

The only turners that can be found in rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s a

Fred Turner (of Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
Ike & Tina Turner
Ike & Tina Turner & the Ikettes
Tina Turner (solo)

Can you folks in the woodturning group name some more?

Joe Turner was still making records in the 1970s.

And Spyder Turner...

Kwanza 7688 - Since I Don't Have You / Happy Days – 1973
Whitfield 8526 - I've Been Waiting / Tomorrow's Only Yesterday – 1978
Whitfield 8596 - Get Down / Is It Love You're After* - 1978

Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

On 04-Feb-11 1:36 PM, The Bloomfield Bloviator wrote:
On Feb 3, 11:16 pm, wrote:

The only turners that can be found in rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s a

Fred Turner (of Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
Ike& Tina Turner
Ike& Tina Turner& the Ikettes
Tina Turner (solo)

Can you folks in the woodturning group name some more?

Joe Turner was still making records in the 1970s.

And Spyder Turner...

Kwanza 7688 - Since I Don't Have You / Happy Days – 1973
Whitfield 8526 - I've Been Waiting / Tomorrow's Only Yesterday – 1978
Whitfield 8596 - Get Down / Is It Love You're After* - 1978

I was only trying to list those that charted. I also didn't mention
Uncle John Turner, who was Johnny Winters' regular drummer & did the
same on a lot of Edgar's records as well - I was waiting for the
woodturners to mention him.

Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

On Feb 3, 11:16 pm, *wrote:

The only turners that can be found in rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s a

Fred Turner (of Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
Ike& *Tina Turner
Ike& *Tina Turner& *the Ikettes
Tina Turner (solo)

Can you folks in the woodturning group name some more?

Joe Turner was still making records in the 1970s.

And Spyder Turner...

Kwanza 7688 - Since I Don't Have You / Happy Days – 1973
Whitfield 8526 - I've Been Waiting / Tomorrow's Only Yesterday – 1978
Whitfield 8596 - Get Down / Is It Love You're After* - 1978

I was only trying to list those that charted.

In that case you missed Mary Lou Turner who had lots of country chart
hits.

Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

On Feb 3, 11:16 pm, wrote:

The only turners that can be found in rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s a

Fred Turner (of Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
Ike& Tina Turner
Ike& Tina Turner& the Ikettes
Tina Turner (solo)

Can you folks in the woodturning group name some more?

Joe Turner was still making records in the 1970s.

And Spyder Turner...

Kwanza 7688 - Since I Don't Have You / Happy Days – 1973
Whitfield 8526 - I've Been Waiting / Tomorrow's Only Yesterday – 1978
Whitfield 8596 - Get Down / Is It Love You're After* - 1978

I was only trying to list those that charted.

In that case you missed Mary Lou Turner who had lots of country chart
hits.

Forgot about her (& Bill Anderson); at work & don't have my C&W book
with me.

I'm still waiting for the woodturners to chime in.

Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

"coffelt2" wrote in message

"charlie b" wrote in message
[...]

OK, I know one is not supposed to reply to one's own postings, but I am a
little embarrassed (and somewhat amazed) at how I managed to crosspost to
rec.music! I'm cool with the music, and listen a lot, but sure didn't mean
to mix woodturners with Tina!

Old Chief Lynn!!!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 13:16:38 +0900, BobbyM
wrote:

How about turn around and go home?
I think your mom needs her computer back..

The only turners that can be found in rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s a

Fred Turner (of Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
Ike & Tina Turner
Ike & Tina Turner & the Ikettes
Tina Turner (solo)

Can you folks in the woodturning group name some more?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 22:17:57 -0800, "coffelt2"
wrote:

snip

OK, I know one is not supposed to reply to one's own postings, but I am a
little embarrassed (and somewhat amazed) at how I managed to crosspost to
rec.music! I'm cool with the music, and listen a lot, but sure didn't mean
to mix woodturners with Tina!

Old Chief Lynn!!!!!

I was wondering about that... We'll call it a senior moment

I check the group at least once a day and jump in if I can answer
someones question..
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

How about turn around and go home?
I think your mom needs her computer back..

C'mon Mac, play nice - it's a big sandbox. He didn't flame us though it
was one of ours that mis-posted, starting the thread deviation. It's
not like we're hurting for bandwidth lately, and it's kind of a funny
thread...

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1970s,rec.crafts.woodturning

On 2011-02-04 01:17:57 -0500, "coffelt2" said:

OK, I know one is not supposed to reply to one's own postings, but I am
a little embarrassed (and somewhat amazed) at how I managed to
crosspost to rec.music! I'm cool with the music, and listen a lot, but
sure didn't mean to mix woodturners with Tina!

Old Chief Lynn!!!!!

Since this thread kind of turned out backwards, we should probably
include Icky Renrut in the "List of Turners".

For The Turners JACK Woodworking 8 December 28th 07 09:58 PM
For The Turners JACK Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 December 26th 07 08:07 PM
03/17/07 Reuters: Two bodies found in Mosul: The bodies of two men and two women were found in various districts of Mosul on Friday. Two infants were found alive beside the two dead women, police said. BGKM Woodworking 0 March 17th 07 09:14 PM
Mac or any other Turners Joe Woodworking 4 April 29th 06 06:56 PM
Disabled turners? Tim Woodturning 17 February 21st 05 05:39 PM