Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Anti-snow-stick Spray

"Steve W." wrote:

Ignoramus27303 wrote:
On 2011-02-03, Bob AZ wrote:
On Feb 2, 1:34?pm, Ignoramus27303 ignoramus27...@NOSPAM.
27303.invalid wrote:
We are very seriously snowed in.

I took care of most of the volume with my miiltary snowblower where I
replaced the engine a few years ago.

I don't have any experience with snow due to where I live. Is a
"military snowblower" really a snowblower or is this in jest to call
it a snow shovel.

But from a curious person what constitutes a "military snowblower".

Bob AZ

It is a big heavy Bolens snowblower. It was an unwise purchase.

It sounds like it isn't set up correctly. What engine does it have on
it? Most of the older blowers can blow snow at least 10-15 feet.

The blower I have on my tractor will throw snow 40+ feet. Even this
heavy crap goes over 20 feet.

The old Sno-Bird in the garage will throw it about 10 feet but it's a
SLOW machine.

--
Steve W.

I can't see the snow Iggy is dealing with from here, nor his snowblower,
but it does indeed sound like something isn't right on the snowblower
that may be a simple fix. Certainly in my 34 years in the frozen
northeast I used an old Ariens 7hp snowblower without issues and later
upgraded to a larger 11hp version when the old one got too temperamental
maintenance wise.