Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Bad Tenants

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Robert Green wrote:

You're joking, I am sure, but you did remind me of why I bought my
first gun and moved from my first apartment. It was a 300 pound guy
slamming himself against the front door, breaking a hinge, shouting
out "I am going to GET you Joe!" (My name's not Joe, FWIW.) It took
the police 30 minutes to respond as I wondered how long the door
would hold. The next day I bought a .380 Beretta I nicknamed
"Sergeant."

I suppose I could advertise via nym on Craigslist that I looked like
Jennifer Lopez and I loved having simulated break-in sex . . . nah,
that could backfire in any number of horrible ways . . . (-:

What could go wrong?

As to one's initial choice of a firearm for personal protection at home,
as somewhat of a gun maven, I'd suggest a 16 (or larger) gauge shotgun.

A nice compromise is "The Judge," a revolver that shoots .410 gauge
shotgun shells and/or .45 long colt cartridges. Your first shot should be
the shotgun shell. That stuns the assailant so he presents a stationary
target for the bowling-ball-sized bullet that's next in line.

The Judge is a POS. It has such recoil that most people cannot shoot it
safely. It is inaccurate. It is a small hand held cannon for people with
short weenies. A real pump shotgun is a good home defense weapon. You
don't even have to aim, just point it towards the noise. And a round over
their head works wonders. The sound of one being jacked is magnified about
7x in the dark. And shotgun pellets don't travel far and kill someone ten
blocks away. Or three rooms away.Even if you severely screw up and hit the
ground, they will do damage to several people.

MHO, Ymmv, and all that stuff.

My favorite intimidation weapon is my Ithaca Featherlight sawed off 16 ga.
18.5 inch barrel, of course. Lanyard to the pistol grip, hung around the
neck, and easily concealed in a coat. #2 pellets.

Steve