Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Anti-snow-stick Spray

Ignoramus27303 wrote:

On 2011-02-03, Pete C. wrote:

wrote:
It has a big motor, but does not throw the snow as far as I would
like.

If it's a two stage blower and is working properly it should have no
trouble throwing most snow (not really wet snow) at least 10'.
If my 4 HP blower could not throw relatively dry snow twice that far
I'd get rid of it. The stuff that fell/blew in from Texas last night
was going at least 20 feet this afternoon.

I said at least 10', the drier the snow the easier it is to throw
further.

I would say it throws it about 8 feet or so in the good direction, and
less in the other. I would like to understand a little better, what
exactly is going on. Could it be that the original motor had higher RPMs?

I don't know what machine you have, but all the "normal" snow blowers
are usually operated with the engine at it's 3,600 RPM top speed.