Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Right angle drives, for drilling?

On 2011-02-02, JR North wrote:

On 02 Feb 2011 02:47:44 GMT, John Doe wrote:

[ ... ]

Right angle drives, for drilling?Specifically, the inexpensive
Vermont American 17172. Will it support an 18 V cordless drill?
Milwaukee makes a heavy duty version, part number 48-06-2871, and a
lighter duty version 49-22-8510. Any other right angle drives/gearing
that will support the power of a Bosch/DeWalt 18V cordless drill?

[ ... ]

http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...ill-67043.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...ill-92956.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...uck-95877.html

Why screw around?

If you want something which is battery powered, and does a nice
job, take a look at the following item from Rigid:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

with the following needed to power it:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

FWIW -- I have this kit, the drill head above, and the hammer which
follows:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

and have found all to be quite useful. I haven't bothered with the
impact drivers or the ratchet heads, because I have compressed air tools
for that. (Actually, for the drill too -- but this one has plenty of
torque to drive drywall screws.)

So -- if you can benefit from other parts of the kit, you might
find the kit better than a single tool. I used them all for some
drywall work and installing outlets in cramped spaces (which is where
the power hammer helped -- there was not room to swing a good hammer to
attach the outlet boxes to the framing.

Yes, it is 12V not 18V, but it is also LiIon and seems to do
better than a similar volume of NiCad cells.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564