Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Bad Tenants

Robert Green wrote:

You're joking, I am sure, but you did remind me of why I bought my
first gun and moved from my first apartment. It was a 300 pound guy
slamming himself against the front door, breaking a hinge, shouting
out "I am going to GET you Joe!" (My name's not Joe, FWIW.) It took
the police 30 minutes to respond as I wondered how long the door
would hold. The next day I bought a .380 Beretta I nicknamed
"Sergeant."

I suppose I could advertise via nym on Craigslist that I looked like
Jennifer Lopez and I loved having simulated break-in sex . . . nah,
that could backfire in any number of horrible ways . . . (-:

What could go wrong?

As to one's initial choice of a firearm for personal protection at home, as
somewhat of a gun maven, I'd suggest a 16 (or larger) gauge shotgun.

A nice compromise is "The Judge," a revolver that shoots .410 gauge shotgun
shells and/or .45 long colt cartridges. Your first shot should be the
shotgun shell. That stuns the assailant so he presents a stationary target
for the bowling-ball-sized bullet that's next in line.