Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Bad Tenants

Yes, I would assume the thought of losing $1,000 makes even the most
determined house trasher stop and think whether it's worth it. The AC
breaker idea is an interesting one, and since it's outside the house, I
wouldn't have to enter to deactivate it. I'll keep that in mind.

We only had two real issues with renters who insisted on their "rights".
One was the AC lady, and another was two brothers who got in a fight, landed
in jail, and left the next day.

You have to be VERY careful when entering your own premises when someone has
an agreement, rental or otherwise. They can claim that their Rolex is
missing, all sorts of things, and if you admit to having entered the house,
you're in trouble.

We have since had our agreement redone by an attorney, and classified under
the hotel and innkeeper laws of the county, and with those laws, you just
have to tell them to leave, and if they don't, you merely call the police.
Of course, that was $500.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.