Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Curly Maple finish?

On Feb 2, 3:36*pm, Swingman wrote:

Seen lots of stained figured maple that looks like crap.
Seen lots of it dyed with Transtint or similar quality dye
that looks stunning.- Hide quoted text -

Oops, forgot to post pics. I feel that my work on this piece falls
into the stunning category. The 20 watchers on eBay agreed and the guy
who jumped for the buy-it-now option expressed his anxiety at waiting
and he said he just had to spring for the buy-it-now price before
someone else bought it. He got a great deal.

Sorry for the long url, not sure how to make them short with my
current web setup.

Pictures of Curly Maple finish
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/index....ent&view=artic...

Everything about the piece is "stunning", from design, to execution to
finish.

A beautifully done masterpiece ... congratulations!!

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Yea... that is pretty cool.

I will never forget a friend of mine showing me a Les Paul (1956 IIRC)
and the back was birds-eye... they looked like pearls.. 3D pearls
floating in inter-stellar space... awesome..... No LSD.. but his girl
brewed some interesting teas.
That effect was so incredible, the back of that guitar looked like it
was 4" deep.
I heard he later sold it and paid off his mortgage.