Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Right angle drives, for drilling?

John Doe wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking on 02 Feb 2011 02:47:44 GMT:

Right angle drives, for drilling?Specifically, the inexpensive
Vermont American 17172. Will it support an 18 V cordless drill?
Milwaukee makes a heavy duty version, part number 48-06-2871, and a
lighter duty version 49-22-8510. Any other right angle drives/gearing
that will support the power of a Bosch/DeWalt 18V cordless drill?

Thanks.

I have a right angle attachment I got from Harbor Freight that works
good. Cost around $10.00 on sale. The flats on the input shank had
some run out, but I cleaned that up on a surface grinder. When I had
it apart it looked like it would hold up. I've used it in close
quarters with 1.250 spade bits and for driving screws.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.