Terry D

Default House alarm fault, help please.

SantaUK wrote:
Sounds like your internal battery in the alarm panel is
flat/goosed/knackered. Simple to replace. Basically if the bell box
doesn't have 12volts going to it, it will start to ring. And nothing
will stop it unless its own battery is disabled or disconnected or
power is restored.

"Chris Wilson" wrote in message
As of the last few days our house alarm outside bell (siren really)
box sounds if the mains goes down. It never used to, the only reason
I first noticed was an RCD tripping fault on a mains ring circuit
tripped the fuse box RCD, and the alarm sounded, although the
control panel was in "Daytime" mode, and no panel lights showed.
Restoring mains stops the alarm, but resetting the alarm panel has
no effect. Any clues what's up with the damned thing? Otherwise the
system appears to function normally. We get not infrequent power
outages here, so this could be a damned nuisance ;-) Thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Chris.

Has anybody ever noticed any action being taken as a result of an activated
house alarm. Have you ever seen the police screeching to a halt outside the
premises? Do you phone 999 when you hear an alarm? In my opinion, these
things are nothing but an annoyance and a complete waste of time and think
most potential burglars realise this.

Terry D.