Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Bad Tenants

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 21:55:34 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

I was thinking of something remote controlled, like a kill switch for the
furnace or something similar. Something that would make staying in the
home, not paying rent unpalatable. Would it make sense to keep the
utilities in our name and pass them through so that we could cut them off,
or does cutting off a deadbeat's electricity boomerang back on the landlord?

Put all utilities in the tenant name.

If they go all stupid, don't spend a bunch of money of ways to get
them out. Just take the front door off, frame and all. Explain you
have to order a custom made Mahogany door from Belize.