Posted to rec.woodworking

Default rough cut

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:11:42 -0800, RicodJour wrote:

My point was, and still is, that power tools don't automatically make
the job faster and better. That skill with hand tools is a lost art
because people buy into the "latest and greatest" power tool crap. That
craftsmen are no longer coached, they're more an accidental result. And
yes, I blame power tools for a lot of that. Hand tools wielded by
skilled hands can be more enjoyable and just as profitable for a one man
band shop.

Agreed. That said, I do use power tools a lot of the time. I caught a
lot of flak here a few years ago when I said I wouldn't put "hand made
by" on my work if I'd used power tools to build it. I still won't.