Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default How Much Rock Salt to Kill Roots?

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 10:17:31 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote Re How Much Rock Salt to Kill Roots?:

On Feb 1, 10:05*am, dpb wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

How much salt does it take to "saturate" 30 gallons of water?

Can you cite some of those sources so I can do a little reading?

Can't you type "salt solubility table" into Google?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table

--

The "cites" requested were not related to the solubility properties of
salt, but rather a request for the sources that helped Mr. Romano

Sorry, but I don't recall and didn't save the cites. I just Google
searched for something like: rock salt kill roots
and got a bunch of citations. I read a bunch of them and decided that
if I could get a saturated solution into the wetted parts of the leach
field, that should do the trick. So far so good.