Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default How Much Rock Salt to Kill Roots?

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 09:05:08 -0600, dpb wrote Re
How Much Rock Salt to Kill Roots?:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

How much salt does it take to "saturate" 30 gallons of water?

Can you cite some of those sources so I can do a little reading?

Can't you type "salt solubility table" into Google?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table

I just take a 30 gallon tub set next to the access cover for the leach
field drain line. I fill the tub with water and throw 25 lbs of water
softener salt into the tub and leave it overnight. (I do this during
the summer). The next afternoon, the water is a saturated solution. I
then siphon the solution into the leach line.

Some salt is left at the bottom of the tub, but I just find another
use for it or throw it away.