Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default How Much Rock Salt to Kill Roots?

On Feb 1, 6:52*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 1, 8:34*am, Caesar Romano wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:43:56 -0500, "Colbyt"
wrote Re How Much Rock Salt to
Kill Roots?:

What is the prescribed dosage of rock salt to control roots in a
drain?

I don't know what a "prescribed" dosage would be, but I myself pour
about 30 gallons of a saturated water salt solution into my leach
field (down line from the septic tank) once a year. *I came up with
this amount from doing research on various sources.

Ok, we're part way there.

How much salt does it take to "saturate" 30 gallons of water?

How much salt does it take to "saturate" 30 gallons of water?

What is the temperature of the water?

Poster's treatment of a leach field is somewhat different than a
treatment of a drain line leaving the house to sewer or
septic.........