Posted to rec.woodworking
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default rough cut

On Jan 29, 1:15*pm, Larry Blanchard wrote:
I think I watched my last episode of Rough Cut this morning. *He built a
trestle table. *The only part that needed explanation was the breadboaed
ends. *His comment "All I've got left to do is glue on the ends" and that
was all he said. *Sheeesh!

I'm going to write to Woodcraft. *As an ex-employee I'm ashamed they're
sponsoring it.

I just Recently watched my first episode of Rough Cut. My first
reaction was who is this idiot?
I then watched a few more episodes during the marathon on Create...

Tommy grew on me quickly, he's young and proud of his work. So what
if he describes a nice piece of wood as "sweet"? Yes, some detail is
left out but he only has 22 minutes or whatever TV is now. I also
like his appreciation of old work and how he brings in people to help
out. He doesn't need to act like he knows everything.

As one who worships at the altar of Norm I can remember the early
shows when Norm all but dunked each part in glue and power nailed
everything. But the best thing that Norm did for me was inspire me to
buy a few pieces of wood and cut them up and try putting them back
together as something useful. I hope Tommy Mac can stay on the air
and maybe inspire a few more people to try hacking apart a piece of
wood and building something with it.