Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pet hates ?

On 1/30/2011 9:28 AM aemeijers spake thus:

On 1/23/2011 3:02 AM, Smitty Two wrote:

BTW, everyone I know in LA doesn't use numbers at all, but names that
are meaningless to outsiders even if they have a map: "Ventura freeway,"
"Hollywood freeway," "Pasadena freeway," etc.

Chicago, and to a lesser degree Detroit, are the same way. Must confuse
the crap out of visitors trying to understand traffic reports on the radio.

Well, sure; I grew up there, and it was the Edens, the Eisenhower, the
Dan Ryan, LSD, etc. No numbers there. (We vaguely knew that Lake Shore
Drive was Route 41, but nobody ever called it that.)

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.