Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Quest du jour- seeking T1.25 wire base blue tinted bulbs.

On 1/31/2011 2:12 AM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
wrote:

I'll
pre-paint enough of them and leave them stuck in the foam block sitting
in a sunny window for several days, for maximum hardness (short of over
baking.

Just power them. They'll give off plenty of heat to bake their fresh
coatings.

If I had a bench supply (other than that old Rat Shack POS with the plus
and minus markings on the case backwards), I would. I have some wall
warts in my collection that put out 12v, but don't know how clean the
waveform is, or how much current they provide. I guess I could duct-tape
a buncha D cells together, but I'm rapidly losing interest in this
project, and they are predicting 12-15 inches of snow tomorrow night, so
I anticipate being rather tired the next few days....

--
aem sends...