RB

Default Shipping Question

Saran is DuPont's polyvinylidene chloride. You might search for
properties of PVDC. Its real virtue is that water and air don't pass
through it easily. It's pretty thoroughly cross linked and I wouldn't
expect it to permanently adhere to a well cured finish. But, as with
anything a trial is in order. Polyethylene will stick less.

I buy most of my shipping supplies from Uline when I can't get the
locally. You might look at what they have also.

http://www.uline.com/index.asp

RB

T. wrote:
I figure on shipping some of my Wiaard banks in the future. So,
I've been researching shipping and packaging materials.

Boxes are reasonably enough priced, but bubble wrap, etc., turn out
pretty high-priced, for my needs. So, more google.

Nothing much useful, but got to thinking more on it. I hadn't
figured on wrapping enough bubble wrap, or whatever, around the bank to
make it a decent fit in the box, had figured just enough to protect the
finish, keep it from getting scratched up, with the space probably
filled with balled up newspaper, air-popped popcorn. whatever (I hate
those damn styrofoam peanuts). Then I thought Saran Wrap. Cheap,
available (any grocery store), fairly easy to put on. All I need is to
keep the filler away from the finish. Sounds good.

I figured shipping materials for one bank would run something like
$2, which I don't consider unreasonable. Then got to thinking again.
Hehehe I was (foolishly) thinking of buying a newspaper, to ball up as
filler. Then thought of free "shopper" papers. I often get one anyway.
Probably enough pages for one bank. Heh heh. Another expense saved.
Maybe closer to $1.50 a bank.

I would like to hear from anyone has used Saran Wrap in shipping
some of the things they've made.

I think I've got it covered, but need to know, am I missing any
down-sides on using Saran Wrap?

Basically, life is good.

JOAT
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
- Pete Maccarrone

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 29 Jan 2004.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/