Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default rough cut

On Jan 31, 12:15*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 18:04:18 -0800, "Artemus"
wrote:

"Bill" wrote in ...

I watched him do it today on "The Woodworking Shows" complimentary show
DVD. How the heck can he turn his bow saw so quick when he's cutting out
the waste between tenons??? *I don't have a saw like his, but it's
amazing (he probably did some trimming, but that part wasn't show it in
the DVD).

Bill

A few years ago at one of TWWS I saw a guy cut around a corner
with a bowsaw without rotating the frame. *After his presentation I
took a look at his bowsaw. *It had a 90 degree twist in the center of the
blade (for maybe 1/4 or less of the blade length). *So using the front
section he could cut straight down, the center turned the corner and the
rear section cut horizontally. *Maybe Klausz did it like that?

Frank used chisels and dovetail saws, no others, in the classes I
helped him with at the American WW Shows in Ontario, CA a decade ago.
I volunteered as a gofer. *He also did a 3-day seminar on woodworking
in Sandy Eggo a few years before that. *I had a blast.

Here's the saw he was using for the Am WW Show classes:http://www.craftsmanstudio.com/html_p/A!500.htm

When I saw Klausz do his thing, I guess about four years ago, he was
using this saw:
http://www.adriatools.com/handsaw/dovetail_saw.html

I don't have one, but in checking out that page I was fairly well
shocked to see that Adria offers a 100% money back guarantee for a
year. That's confidence in your tool quality, fer sure.