Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
beauvine beauvine is offline

Default Possibly a silly question abt metalworking

Hi, I do soldering associated with my stained-glass work. What I'm
wondering is, what's the difference between soldering and welding, especially
in terms of strength...? I'd like to make some stained-glass-topped metal
tables, but what relatively-little I've seen about welding makes it seem
super-expensive, dangerous, and generally daunting.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what can I say, "Inquiring minds
want to know" LOL!

Thanks for your patience, and whatever info you might wish to share with me
=:-)