Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default OT Whole leaf spinach versus Made with fresh cut leaf spinach

mm wrote:

OT Whole leaf spinach versus Made with fresh cut leaf spinach

Cleaning my kitchen cabinet I came across a moderately old can of
Delmomte "Whole leaf spinach".

Also Delmonte cans marked instead "Made with fresh cut leaf spinach".

Is this the same thing? The listed ingredients are the same:
Spinach, water, salt. The newer can includes after "salt", "(for
flavor)".

I suspect that one is made from big leaves with the ribs removed- and
one from small ones. Called 'Baby Spinach' in our fresh-food aisle.

-snip-

Anyhow, maybe you can assume the spinach in your can of spinach is
only 2/3rd of the whole weight. OTOH, doesn't water weigh more than
the same volume of spinach?

And the liquid now holds much of the nutrients. Fresh or frozen is
my choice for spinach. Haven't had a can of it in ages.

Jim