Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default rough cut

On Jan 30, 12:56*pm, Michael Kenefick wrote:

Ditto here in Central Ohio on PBS. *The guys and gals on this newsgroup
may be able to figure out some the tings they leave out, but not me (AKA
extreme novice wanna be). *Some nice items were made by the host and his
friends..

There's no argument if any show attracts more people into our 'sport',
then it's a good show. I think my main objection with Rough Cut is
that it tries to be all things to all people, and that's simply not
possible. Tommy Mac's got some serious chops, but it's almost as if
they're downplaying that (or editing it out) to showcase his
personality. When you contrast that with The Woodwright's Shop, where
it's impossible to ignore Roy's woodworking skill and enthusiasm _and_
his personality, it really accentuates what's missing in Rough Cut.

Do not get me wrong, I would be saddened if Rough Cut left the
airwaves (cables?). It's definitely a nice addition to the selection
of woodworking shows to watch, and I'm looking forward to seeing more
of them.