Posted to uk.d-i-y
pete pete is offline

Default Which grab adhesive?

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:56:25 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 29/01/2011 12:22, Tim Watts wrote:
pete ) wibbled on Saturday 29
January 2011 11:53:

I need some sticky stuff (treated/unpainted wood to powder
coated metal, little shear/peel force, exterior use and will
have some exposure to rain/dew, no direct sunlight)

http://www.siroflex.co.uk/sections_mac/aboutus.html
There's a link to an adhesion specifier.

But, with your problem, I would start phong then and Everbuild (who make
PinkGrip): http://www.everbuild.co.uk/

and ask them if they would recommend anything in particular. Ask for
"technical".

I've done this with several companies where I had a non standard problem to
solve and they were all generally very helpful.

Looking at the toolstation catalog, they have a plethora
of offerings, in price order:

Glue Screws - solvent free (their own brand)
Glue Screws - solvent based
Gripfill *
Pinkgrip
Gripfill solvent free **
Pinkgrip solvent free **
Stixall M.S. polymer
Sticks Like

* the only one that explicitly mentions exterior use
** specifies interior use only

Stixall. Unbelievable stuff.

Thanks chaps. Looks like it'll be the Stixall. It does sound
like rather handy stuff.

--
http://thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/29...1531012600.php