Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Two phases or not?

Mark Cross wrote:

Jamie wrote:

Yes, 2 phase of 90 degree's still exist, so why is that ok but 180
degree's isn't?

Because the decomposition of two 90º phasor contains an imaginary part.
Without a real part AND an imaginary part, no distinct phases could be
constructed or generated.

There is no imaginary part in the decomposition of two 180º apart vectors,
and, therefore there is no way to construct other phases (phasors).

Sorry, you need to know phasors to understand this principle.

This must be what separates the Electronic and the Fuse puller EE.

I once thought to be an Electrical Engineer or hold an E1 meant, that
you had to know a lot about electricity, evidently you don't. Might be a
good reason why we find it hard to hire some one for a basic electrical
maintenance job that actual understands electrical theory, not many here.

Jamie