Charlie Self

Default New Woodworking Magazine?

John Flatley notes:

I just did a quick look in this group to see if anyone has discussed
this magazine before and I couldn't find any posts. (that may be a
statement of my newsgroup skills not a definitive "it isn't here"
position)

Anyway, stumbling through a Barnes & Noble this week, I came across
a "new" magazine. "Woodworking Magazine." The printed bar-code
block carries the "Popular Woodworking" name, along with a $4.99
U.S. price.

It bills itself as the Spring 2004 issue, and states you can
preorder the next issue, the Fall 2004 issue for $7.00. The Fall
issue will be the second publication of 2004 and is promised out in
July. Those are the only two issues planned for 2004. No
subscriptions are being offered at this time.

small snip

Steve Shanesy is the Editor & Publisher. Shanesy and the masthead
staff have e-mail addresses at @fwpubs.com. Google has no listing
for fwpubs.com. The magazine says they are F&W Publications Inc.,
in Cincinnati, Ohio. They state they are a sister publication to
Popular Woodworking.

Steve is editor & publisher of PW, while Chris (Schwarz) is EE there, too. Not
exactly neophytes. I forget how long they've been there, Steve a bit longer,
IIRC.

Not a bad first attempt. Pretty good, I think. They have some work
to do.

Good to know there's a new mag coming out. I'll see if I can locate a copy
around here.

Another note: look for fwpublications.com, not fwpubs.

Charlie Self
"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is
sure."
Mark Twain
http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html