Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default 3 phase rotation direction?

Don Foreman wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:25:43 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 06:56:08 -0800,
wrote:

I Googled but didn't find anything that would
work quickly.

Who makes an inexpensive tester that I can plug
into 208 V 3 phase L14-30 outlets to determine
phase rotation?

I'm aware of this circuit but I want something
I can buy at the Borg and leave at a worksite:
http://www.opamp-electronics.com/tut...on_2_10_03.htm

--Winston

http://www.mcmaster.com/#phase-testers/=arbl6y
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...N=0&sst=subset
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...u=03499981000P
http://www.amazon.com/Extech-Electri...6055312&sr=8-5
http://www.amazon.com/UEI-PSMR1-Phas...6055312&sr=8-6

Etc. Be sufficiently careful about the quality of anything handheld
that gets connected to industrial-strength mains power.

How about a small, inexpensive 3-phase motor?

For me, the instruments Speff indicated are much less time and
about the same money as a small motor, so I'm going with the
instrument rather than the motor. Three of us had the same idea
so it'd be a worthy notion if it weren't for the good quality tools
Speff mentioned.

--Winston